From Synfig Studio :: Documentation
The Star Tool allows the easy creation of Star Layers.
Select the Star Tool icon from the toolbox, then click in the canvas window where the center of the star should be created and drag to specify the outer radius.
The Tool Options Panel allows you to specify:
- Name : The name used for the new layer; any number in this field will automatically increment with each layer created
- Layer Type : Whether create Star Layer and/or Outline, Region, Plant and Curve Gradient layers (Splines)
- Blend Method : How to combine the new layer with the background.
- Opacity : Sets the Amount for new layers. Defaults to 1.00 (Completely opaque)
- Brush Size : Sets the Outline width or the size of the gradient (only for Outline, Advanced Outline and Curve Gradient)
- Star Points : The number of peaks of the star.
- Offset : The rotation offset of the created star.
- Radius Ratio : The ratio between the peaks and the troughs of the star
- Regular Polygon : Whether create a regular polygon instead of a star.
- For Splines only, the tangent lengths for outer and inner vertices. Outer is limited to [-3,10] and inner is limited to [-3,3]. (If you find useful open those limitations please write it in the talk page)
- Inner Width
- Inner Tangent
- Outer Width
- Outer Tangent
- Invert : Whether invert the create(d) layer(s)
- Feather : Width of the area to be dissolved at the edge (not for Plant and Curve Gradient)
- Link Origins : Whether Link the Origin of Splines
- Spline Origins at Center : Set the Origin of the layer at the center of the star, else the center is set at the Canvas center