From Synfig Studio :: Documentation
About Scale Layers
A "Scale Layer" scales the size of any primitive layers (regions, gradients, etc.) below it. "Scale Layer" is part of Transform Layers category.
Parameters of Scale Layers
The parameters of the Scale Layers are:
The Amount parameter may take the inverse of the exponential function (the natural log), as a raw value. For example:
- the natural log of 2.00 is 0.693147181, which up-scales to 200.0%
- the natural log of 1.00 is 0.0, which scales by 0.0%
- the natural log of 0.50 is -0.693147181, which down-scales to 50.0%
- the natural log of 0.10 is -2.302585092994045, which down-scales to 10.0%
- the natural log of 0.01 is -4.605170185988091, which down-scales to 1.0%
The Origin is the center of the scale.
In versions prior to 0.63.05 Scale Layer was called "Zoom layer".