From Synfig Studio :: Documentation
Revision as of 11:50, 10 January 2008 by Zelgadis (one statement is excessive - it's hard to create new pages because of it)
Page with a translation must bear the name of original English page, plus languages abbreviation (two-letter language code) preceded by a '.', e.g. for About, page in Russian will be About.ru.
- Titles are in one language, which is good for referencing and keeping wiki documentation in order.
- It also provides a clear mapping between original and translated pages.
- It is easy to implement.
What functionality I expect from Multilanguage Extension
- All pages named as described above.
- There must be a list of available translations for current page on top of each page. Let's call it "Page languages list". (Extension detects if page with each language code exists).
- There is a field in the user preferences, called "Language" (Already exists in MediaWiki)
- Navigation improvements:
- Let's say user have Language field in preferences set to 'tr'. Then:
- It would be nice to have Language field set up according the browser settings automatically for new users and guests.