From Synfig Studio :: Documentation
Usually have no rules, other than have fun!
Splash screen challenges
Here are some proposed rules:
- must be done in Synfig only, no external images
- must be able to be rendered with Synfig from SVN (otherwise it won't work with the new release)
- must have "Synfig X.XX.XX Splash Screen" as the name
- must contain copyright and license info in the description
- must include full source code, preferably all in one .sif
- must be licensed under the GNU GPLv2 or later
- Public Domain or CC0 is an acceptable alternative
- must not depend on specific fonts
- must be a still image since the code isn't yet ready for animations (ensure end time is set to 0s)
- must be willing and able to make changes requested by the community
- should probably include the Synfig logo, either by referencing logo.sif or recreating it in a different form
- should probably include the words "Synfig Studio"
- should probably include the version number
- should probably be smallish, 300x400 is a reasonable size
- should probably be relevant to the Synfig community, you may want to search through the IRC/list/wiki/etc archives and find a joke or recurring theme for inspiration
- should probably be accompanied by website artwork or the artist should to providing website artwork soon after the release.
- challenge starts about 1 month before the challenge closes
- challenge closes 1 week before the release
- voting starts 1 week before the release